Kuma: Maybe it's separation anxiety?

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Maybe it's separation anxiety?

We finally realized the connection.

Last week, we went out a few nights and left his dinner (food) as his treat when we left. This is the connection to him getting upset when we give him his breakfast - I think he's afraid we are going to leave.

Today, when I was getting the kitchen ready (where we keep him while we are gone), rather than running to the kitchen, excited for his kong, he ran to the door waiting to go where ever I was going.

While I was away today, he escaped from the kitchen and tore our carpet up.

I forgot to include that when we leave, we can hear him barking - it's his frustrated/sad puppy bark. He never used to do this. He also has been whimpering when we put his kong down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home